Friday, October 16, 2009

Dreams

Dreams can be uplifting, scary, emotional. I am not talking about the dreams we have for where our lives will end up; I am talking about the dreams we have at night. I am not sure if I am in the minority but my dreams border on out and out bizarre. I'll share a small sample of the past couple of nights. I have no idea what any of it means or why I would dream it, rather I am just writing it down.

My first dream the other night placed me at an Angels World Series Game. I was in a booth which seemed to have a very nice place to eat but not a very good view of the field. I watched Third Eye Blind perform a pregame song which tore up the field and caused a delay. Then during the game, a foul ball came into the booth where I was standing and right to me, which I proceeded to catch. Being that I had never caught a foul ball at a game before, I was quite excited. I moved down to a seat right along the field just as the final out was being made. I looked at the scoreboard: Angels 16, Dodgers 14.

My next dream wasn't very long but it did involve me hanging out at the home of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Their house was filled with many hallways and I got the overwhelming sense of there being a lot of exposed wood beams and wood paneling. I have no idea why I was there, just that Brad was watching a football game and Angelina was off watching the kids.

My dream last night was the weirdest of all. I was at my grandmother's house and was watching a show on TV about Atlantis. They had celebrities, including Alan Thicke of all people, participating in experiments showing that Atlantis was not located off the coast of South America but rather under the coast of South America. There was someone in the room who studied different historical and extraterrestrial phenomena and I remember he had several books with him. I went outside and was surprised to see that instead of the usual cratering on the moon, craters were arranged to look like the back of a dime. Then suddenly what looked to be the sun rose over the horizon, only it wasn't. What it was I am not sure but soon after that something weird happened.

All of the birds in the sky started to fall as well as all of the airplanes. For some reason there were hundreds of birds and dozens of planes in the immediate area. A rather large passenger plane crashed just a couple hundred yards away and I remember being pelted with debris as I hid behind a wall. Before a minute more had passed some type of militaristic law enforcement officers drove up and down the street with loudspeakers telling us that we had to remain inside and would be under constant surveillance. We were also instructed to burn all pictures of loved ones and instead replace them with a list of encrypted names to represent who was supposed to have been in them. This is where the dream ends.

I am not sure if everyone has dreams with weird on a regular basis, but all of my dreams make no sense and most are approaching the level of strangeness in these. I need to look up what all of this means, though part of me is afraid to. I really should write all of my dreams down. It would probably make for either a good case study or a best seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment